Thursday, August 4, 2011

Aligned and Well

So my video "Down There for Women" arrived last week!
The video is designed to help alleviate female ailments such as; menstrual cramps, pelvic floor disorder, Cesarean/Post Delivery, sexual dysfunction, incontinence and promote sacral health and hip health.
It consists of 5 really simple exercises that only take a few minutes to do.

1/. Calf stretch
2/. Double Calf Stretch
3/. Pelvic Listing
4/. Knee Squeeze
5/. Wall exercise

I won't explain how to do each exercise, you'll have to buy the video for that!
Click here for a video clip and here to purchase it from the Aligned and Well website.
*** I just read on their FB site that all videos will be available for download in about a month****

I was totally shocked by just how tight my calves actually were! And that my calves could and do effect my pelvis in so many ways, but after doing these exercises for a couple of days in a row the relationship is obvious. Many of us tend to tuck our pelvis in (which also leads to the dreaded mom butt!... flat, no cheeks mom butt!) which results in a hunching/aging posture and also weakens our pelvic floor.
Try standing up straight and tuck your pelvis in... you can't without rounding your back. So stand up straight and stick that butt out ladies (and gents)! Get your J-Lo on! Go for the juicy doubles... ok I think you get the idea.  It's good for the pelvis, back and the whole body!
Next on my Aligned and Well agenda is the Smart Digestion... (aiding with ailments such as chronic constipation, acid reflux, IBS, heartburn, bloating and difficulty swallowing)
though I'll probably wait until it's available for download.


I have been totally addicted to Katy's blog since I discovered it a few weeks ago.
She had a baby a few month back and has all kinds of amazing tips on keeping your baby aligned and well, and great tips for a natural pregnancy and birth. Seriously I cannot get enough!

Check out her "You Don't Know Squat" Post,  to get a step by step instruction of how to squat.
It's not the typical lunge/squats you're used to. I have been adding these to my daily routine as well.
Slowly trying to increase the amount of time I am able to squat for. These are great for overall health but very much so in pregnancy and preparing for delivery!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...