Tuesday, October 16, 2012

the never-ending saturday

That did in fact end...eventually.
Most people can't wait for the weekend.
 A chance to sleep in, lounge around after a busy week.
Weekends mean neither of those things for me.
I love weekends too but it's certainly not a time to catch up on rest.
Not in this house of not one but two children that enjoy getting up at 4AM!
That's right last Saturday both of my darlings were up at 4am, I mean wide freaking awake.
Not even let's lie in this bed and flail around for a bit "awake".
Full on "Mama I need juice, I need something to eat" awake.
Cue Georgie, smiling, cooing (for once) and toe tapping. Me too!
Are you kidding me?
So by 6:30 am Georgie was ready for a little siesta (yeah you know its bad when your first nap of the day is before you should even be awake on a Saturday!) And by 7 am Oliver had officially played with every toy we own. The weather wasn't great and I was far too exhausted to go for a walk
 so this is what our day entailed






1/. hitting up the jobsite a little early
2/. lounging lizard 1st round
3/. mr. & mrs dressup (hallowe'en spoiler!)
4/. whisk ball- mini sticks improv ghill style
5/. toddler moment- sidebar: oh how I love baby teeth, they are just the cutest even on the toddler monster!
6/. more dress up wrapped in sibling love
7/. truck'n

And yes this was over the course of several hours and yes we wore our jammies all the day long.

Then by some miracle 1pm rolled around and Oliver had a glorious nap and then Georgie went down too and this Mama got to rest her weary bones for a minute or two before everyone got up
and we did it all over again!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...